What will be covered in this bootcamp?
This Irish course has been designed by our State Examiner Séadhan De Poire so that students will feel that they have been to the Gaeltacht without leaving the comfort of their home. This course will help students improve both oral fluency and pronunciation. The subject will be turned into a living language and students will gain more confidence in their own ability to converse in Irish.
By the end of the course, each student will have detailed individual notes for the Irish oral from a State Examiner. The oral is worth 40 % of the overall result in Irish.
The course will also prepare students for the Aiste [which is worth 17%] by showing them the techniques required to formulate, structure and compose essay on topical and current affairs.
To download a sample of notes covering ‘Saol an Deagora’ from this course click here.
Paper 1 :
(1) Aiste, (2) Alt, (3) Díospóireacht
Paper 2 :
- Comprehension -> Answering skills, techniques to improve time management, vocabulary and sample answers.
- Poetry -> Answering skills, vocabulary, exam questions and sample answers.
- All aspect of grammar will be covered in great detail.
- Past exam questions and sample answers.
- Teaching and understanding of the marking schemes
- Exercises to improve fluency.
- The student will leave the course feeling refreshed and confident in the subject knowing that all the notes needed for the Irish oral (40%) will have been taught, explained and mastered.
View a Sample of this Course
Meet your Irish Teacher – Séadhan de Poire: Séadhan de Poire is specialised in providing students with a clear, fundamental understanding of the syllabus and marking scheme. His teaching style is focused on covering the curriculum in a concise way so that students have the tools to successfully manage the likely exam questions. Séadhan is a popular teacher due to his ability to stimulate students’ interest in the subject. Séadhan has worked with the state examinations commission correcting exam papers and last year was an Oral examiner for the leaving certificate. He has also taught in the Gaeltacht in Coláiste Ciarán and Coláise Ó Direáin.