Spanish 6th Weekly Special Offer
What will be covered in these Leaving Cert Spanish Grinds?
These Leaving Cert Spanish grinds focus on scrutinising and analysing the exam to your advantage. Firstly, they focus on building an awareness of what the examiner wants and then on providing the confidence to be able to supply it. You will learn what your examiner is looking for. The following topics are covered in the grinds:
- Reading Comprehensions (exam techniques & content)
- Oral Exam Preparation topic by topic & Role-plays
- Opinion Piece (structure, plans, vocabulary & sample essays)
- Dialogue Construction (repetitive structures, vocabulary & tenses)
- Diary Entry & Notes
- Aural Comprehension (exam technique & vocabulary)
Katie will dedicate significant time to preparing for the Leaving Cert Spanish Oral Examination. This preparation includes:
- Free mock oral examinations during the year, one taking place before Christmas and one after. Students will receive a feedback sheet afterwards.
- Oral exam preparation starts at the beginning of the academic year as it is worth 25% of the overall grade
Meet your Spanish Teacher – Katie Lenehan: Katie Lenehan holds a degree in French and Spanish, and a Professional Masters in Education. Katie’s training as a teacher was based on the most up to date education models and methodologies. Her knowledge of languages and linguistics, as well as teaching in some of the most prestigious schools in Dublin, will ensure that students obtain the best possible grades in their Leaving Cert Spanish exam.