French 6th Year Weekly Grinds
What will be covered in these Leaving Cert French Grinds?
By the time you leave these Leaving Cert French grinds, you will possess a host of past and likely exam questions, including full solutions. There will be a major emphasis on your game plan for the exam and a focus on the Chief Examiner’s reports and marking schemes. Topics covered:
- Reading Comprehensions (exam techniques & content)
- Aural Comprehension (exam techniques & vocabulary)
- Oral exam preparation topic by topic
- Le Document option
- Diary Entry written task i.e. Journal Intime
- Le récit
- Abstract Topics (social problems & current affairs)
- Response Essay Pieces (structure, essay plans, vocabulary, sample answers)
Katie and Amy dedicate significant time to preparing for the Leaving Cert French Oral Examination. This preparation includes:
- Free mock French oral examinations during the year, with one taking place before Christmas and one after. Students receive a feedback sheet.
- The French oral exam worth 25% of the overall grade, therefore, preparation starts at the beginning of the academic year.
Meet your French Teacher – Katie Lenehan: Katie Lenehan holds a degree in French and Spanish, and a Professional Masters in Education. Her training as a teacher was based on the most up to date education models and methodologies and is designed to ensure all students are catered for and can reach their goals in the most efficient way possible. Her knowledge of languages and linguistics, as well as teaching in some of the most prestigious schools in Dublin, will ensure that students obtain the best possible grades in their exams.
Meet your French Teacher – Amy Weddell: Amy Weddell has an International Degree in French and German and has spent time living in both countries. This, coupled with the Professional Masters in Education providing training on up to date teaching methodologies, ensures that she holds the skills to successfully aid students at any level to access language curricula, at both an academic and cultural level. An integration of language-learning skills based on the acquisition of language, such as phonics, provides all students with a strong foundation ensuring that they achieve the best possible grade in their Leaving Cert French exams.